Lockdown changes for South Africa
As the Government has made a number of changes to South Africa’s level 1 lockdown regulations, as the country continues to ease restrictions.
While many industries were hit hard when the country was placed under lockdown earlier this year in a bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus, the events industry has been particularly hard hit. This has had a severe effect on the livelihoods of organisers and suppliers.
- The directive also further clarifies the rules around the reopening of events in South Africa, including:
- Cinemas and theatres are allowed to open but are limited to 50% of the capacity per cinema;
- Fitness centres, gyms and swimming pools are limited to 50% of the capacity per venue;
- Gatherings for concerts and live performances are limited to 250 persons or less in case of an indoor gathering and 500 persons or less in case of an outdoor gathering: Provided that no more than 50% of the capacity of the venue is used, with persons observing a distance of at least one and a half metres from each other.
- The directive also provides instructions around tracking and tracing of guests, as well as general health and safety rules.
At Level 1, we have to adhere to the Covid-19 protocols:
- maintain good hygiene
- stay home if you’re sick
- get tested if you have cold or flu symptoms
- keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen.
We still need to play it safe!