Available 10h00 am to 16:30
Inclusive of teas, coffee and cookies, bottled water
Up to 50 delegates
• On site Wedding Planning to advise, arrange, organise and see that the wedding goes off well.
• Welcome drinks after ceremony – A signature drink will be devised by our Chef. .
• Wedding Cake– Two or Three Tier – Design, colour and flavours your choice.
• Tables round or rectangle,.
• Cutlery & Crockery in white, & Glassware
• Table Clothes & Serviettes, - Any colour you like as available,
• Plate Chargers of any colour. Extra cost for special designs and wood.
• Coloured Overlays to complement you choice of colour, sashes or decoration on chairs
• Chairs - (covered plastic type with sash) Other options available as extra cost.
• Ceremony in the Bush or in other area chosen by bridal couple. Can use Lucerne bales with covers, this is a donation to our wildlife on the reserve and is more reasonable and greener than hiring chairs.
• Bridal Suite.( Suite for the night and Full breakfast on your veranda next morning at no charge)
• Flowers for Décor.
• Décor for areas used. Supplement if over Valentines or when flower markets put up prices.
• Exclusive use of the lodge for the wedding with no other guests or public events taking place.
• Canapés for cocktail hour.
• Menus are bespoke and chosen in consultation our chef, costing will be done and added to the end cost according to the bridal couples budget. Ranges from R200.00pp to a sumptuous R400:00pp
• Some suggestions are attached for your information
• Drinks Bill – Choose from: Wine & Malt or Full Bar (Wine, Malt & Spirits) & Cold Drinks. Or Set a limit.
• Supply of other types of chairs. Perspex Ghost style, Tiffany style (Gold or Black or Silver), Safari or
Wimbledon style chairs (white slatted) @ extra cost usually around another R400.00 per chair.
• Menu Cards.
• Entertainment, DJ and/or pianist for ceremony
• Minister – we have a minister that will preside over weddings he is close by so won’t need accommodation nearby. R1000.00 donation to minister for church or your own minister/rabbi or other wedding official.
• Bedouin Tent for reception (Necessary for weddings of 70 – 120) guests
• Or use the long table continental style on our veranda.
• Possible shade cover for Ceremony in the bush ( See our photos on our website) – or have the ceremony inside the lodge to keep cool.
• Bouquets, Corsages & Boutonnieres.
• Tips for staff (Usually 10% of the total bill to be shared out) Please note that there is a supplement if they work after Midnight. (Usually a wedding from 4pm to Midnight is long enough)
The reserve is owner-managed by the Lawrie family; offering two camps- Shikwari Suites a 4 star graded camp with 5 suites, will be 6 suites from 2018 and Pangolin Rondavels where there is 4 traditional rooms to be graded in 2018, which is self-catering. (Dinner & Breakfast available at Shikwari) Booking essential.
On a plains game reserve situated in the North Eastern Limpopo below the escarpment with majestic views of the Northern Drakensburg Mountains, our closest town being Hoedspruit,, Limpopo.
The 200 hectare reserve offers views of plain game with walks or drives. See our Zebra getting their winter feed and maybe even stroke “Little Boy” who as saved from hunger when he was kicked out of the main herd but is now the herd stallion, he is gentle but still a wild zebra.
Well situated for day drives to Kruger National Park and the Panorama and approximately 5hrs from Gauteng. A resident guide is available to escort you around the area, find out about this & our other activities; booking for guided drives and other activities is required.
Shikwari with cathedral-like thatch roof has a comfortable lounge with satellite TV, a selection of books, free Wi-Fi and magazines. There is a dining room which is only used on cooler evenings .The veranda and wooden deck boma is used for evening meals weather permitting and breakfast is served al fresco on the veranda Choose from the fully licensed bar a bottle from a good selection of estate wines personally selected by the owners at the wine estates.
We are now working with a spa close by so can now offer a couples or friends spa treatment or simply choose from our list. Must be booked well ahead as the spa is popular.
Outside there is a large shady veranda and pool. Sit and enjoy a relaxing drink from the fully licenced Warthog Bar while taking in the beautiful mountain vista and in the evening marvel at the African night sky with the Milky Way and Orion shining bright.
Are you looking for a relaxed and beautiful bush wedding or Honeymoon?
what better location than in between two stunning landmarks....
Kruger and the Drakensburg Mountains! Great cuisine, fully licensed bar, bespoke menu choices, Colonial Decor, Small & Personal service
Look no further Shikwari Game Reserve is just below the JG Strydom Tunnel with views of the Drakensberg as a back drop.
Let us plan your special day together; making this a memory of a lifetime.
All your family and special friends coming together for your special day andmaking a weekend or mid-week of it!
Totally bespoke, all items source for you so you can just enjoy the day. No set menus you choose from a list of delicious options, your wish is our comand. Numerous areas to have your ceremony and reception all with an amazing view. Country or Glam we can!
Accommodation for 20 guest in 10 room and capacity for weddings from 50 - 120 guest.
Most hire item can be sourced in ther area, as well as grooming specialists and floral design.
There is plenty of activities in the ajacent area, families can come together before the wedding and book a holiday to do sightseeing and adveture trips. We have our own FGASA Guide and we can offer open vechile drives to Kruger Park and to the Panorama.
All the activities are booked by us leaving guest to just arrive and enjoy!
Our amazing list of activities are as follows:
• Game Drive on Shikwari Reserve – to see feeding
(for health or in drought) must be booked. R160.00pp
• Bush Walks 6am in Summer & 7am in Winter R 180.00pp
• Guided Full Day Kruger Park Trip with Bush Breakfast,
Lunch bottled water & Conservation fees included. R1800.00pp
NB ( Game Drives have an age limit - no children under 8yrs)
• Guided Panorama Route with Lunch at Harries Pancakes R1200.00pp
• Blyde River Canyon Boat Cruise R180.00pp
• Mariepskop View
• Echo Caves –– old clothes are suggested for this!
• Inyoni Reptile Park & Art Gallery
• Bourke’s Luck Potholes & Hiking Trails
• Pilgrims Rest – Old Gold Mining Village can be include as extra with the guided Panorama Tour
• Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour
• The Big Swing – Graskop Self Drive or addition to guided Panorama extra cost.
• Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation Centre
• Kruger Park – Buy a Wild Card and enter free at all San Parks valid 1year. Good for guests traveling around South Africa.
• Kaross Embroidery & Café – Ladies here are accomplished at needlework embroidery, work on sale is amazing and make a great memory of your trip and the Coffee shop is delightful!
• Nyani Tribal Village Day & Evening Tours. Various options SQ
• Spa ½ day with lunch
• Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
DUE TO FLUCUATIONS RATES FOR THE ABOVE ARE ON REQUEST.
MOST OF THESE ACTIVITIES MAY BE PREBOOKED THROUGH US.
NB: Rates are subject to change without notice.
For Accommodation check in for weddings is from 12 noon to 3:30pm the day before or on the wedding day
Wedding setup is 3 days; one to set up, one for the actual wedding and one to breakdown.
PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE YOUR JOURNEY.
NB: PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO USE A GPS DEVICE, THIS AREA IS NOT PROPERLY LOADED. IT WILL LENGTHEN YOUR JOURNEY.
ALSO REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST TAKE THE BELFAST OFF RAMP DO NOT CONTINUE ON THE N4 AFTER THIS.
Directions to Shikwari Game Resrve from:
OR Tambo International Airport:
Taking the road to Pretoria, you will be on the R21 then take the N12 to Witbank which joins the N4 continue on this highway passing Witbank ( eMalahleni) & Middleburg. Take Belfast off ramp - (R33/R540)- Turn Left into Belfast, onto Vermooten Street and past the “Spar Supermarket” on Right and pass two intersection and another Spar at the next crossroad, turn right onto the R540 you will pass a Shell Garage and an antique store continue on the R540straight to Dullstroom.- Drive through Dullstroom Village (suggest you stop here for lunch) and continue to Lydenburg (newly named Mashishing).- At the T-Junction turn left into Lydenburg on Viljoen Street (R36) then continue on passing numerous stop street after passing the Laramie Spur on the left continue straight for 5 more stop streets then up a hill and take the next turning left passed industrial buildings continue passed two crossroad and at the next crossroad with Obaro Farm Supplie on you right turn Righ onto the main R36 to Ohrigstad. D.rive straight through Ohrigstad ( approx 47)kms and continue the on R36 . Your will pass turnings to Burgersfort, Pilgrims Rest and Graskop continue passed these turnings and just past the latter turning you will ascend the Abel Erasmus Pass, and and a few settlements then go through the J G Strydom Tunnel, after this you will be descending the escarpment into the Lowveld. Shikwari Game Reserve is approximately 8kms on the right-hand side after the tunnel.
Get onto the to N12 to eMalahleni (Witbank) then follow the direction above from eMalahleni.
Take the N1 to Pretoria and then the Witbank N4 .See above from N4.
*Nelspruit (Mbombela) & White River
TakING the R40 after about +/-23 kms turn left from Nelspruit (Mbombela) & Right from White River onto the R537 towards Sabie. Once in Sabie take the R532 to Graskop continue out of Graskop on the R532 at the t-junction turn Right (R36) see above from Abel Erasmus Pass
Hazyview From Casterbridge take the Hazyview turning off the roundabout and turn left into Hazyview . Then follow:-
Traveling North on the R40 out of Hazyview turn left at the R353 Graskop at the t Junction in Graskop with the Graskop Hotel on the corner turn right, continue through the village and turn left onto the R532 at the end of the road. This takes the route along the Blyde River Canyon. Approx 77kms, eventually one comes to a T-junction, turn right onto the R36. ascend the Abel ErasmusPass, and go through the J G Strydom Tunnel, after this you will be descending into the Lowveld. Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp is approximately 8kms on the right-hand side after one is through the tunnel.
Southern Reserves Sabi Sands, Kruger Gate and
Take a right turn from the road out of the reserves onto the R40. Continue through Acornhoek and Bushbuckridge.. follow below from asterick.
Timbavati, Kapama & Thornybush
Head straight on the Argyle road on the way out of the Timbavati until you get to a t-junction turn right onto the R40. This road changes to the R531 *DO NOT TURN LEFT TO HOEDSPRUIT. The road continues under a railway bridge and passes a filling station. Continue until you reach another t-junction. On the way you will pass Moholoholo, Kampersrus & 24 Deg. South. Once passed Blue Mountain Country House you will come to a T-Junction , Turn left here onto the R527 to Lydenburg (this road changes to the R36 after a turning to Tzaneen where you will find a filling station, pass this turn off and continue, look out for our 2km & 1kms signs on the left, we are approximately 3kms down the road from the filling station on the left.
Phalaborwa & Phalaborwa Gate, Letaba Camp. Northern Kruger Camps
From Letaba Camp take the Phalaborwa Gate carry on this road (R71) until you get to the R530 turn left onto the R40 and carry on for +/- 5kms then turn right back on to the R530. Take this road to a the t-junction turn left onto the R36 continue on this road after a bridge over the Olifants River continue until you get to a t-junction where there is a filling station on your right, turn right here towards Lydenburg ,we are approximately 3 kms on the left hand side.
From Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport.
At the entrance to the airport turn right onto the Argyle Road continue until you go through a boom and arrive at a T-Juntion. Turn left here and continue for 7kms in Hoedspruit you will go through a 4 way stop and at the next you will turn left and go over a railway bridge. Continue on this road out of Hoedspruit for +/- 38kms; after the turning to Tzaneen you will see our signs. From there we are 3kms on the left.
NB: On arrival at gate:
Our gate is locked for your security so you will need to press the Reception button on gate intercom for reception and announce your name clearly to gain access ( communication is only 30 seconds after which it cuts off).
Our gate is run by cell phone coverage and due to the fact of the remote area we live in, we do at times experience wavering connectivity. Should you get no response please try pressing again after a couple of seconds. We may temporarily have a dead zone. Please note the intercom must dial before it is answered, and must not be held in with the finger. The gate does not automatically open for access or egress.
Should intercom still not work call 0730497494 for reception. We will come and investigate
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR SPEED LIMIT IS STRICTLY 15KMS ON THE PROPERTY, ALL WILDLIFE HAS RIGHT OF WAY .
Drive time from JHB is between 5 -6 hours. CHECK- IN IS ONLY FROM 2:30PM – 5:30PM.
Fly direct from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg or Cape Town International Airport to Eastgate International Airport in Hoedspruit.
Collection from the airport available - please inquire about transfer rate
Or Car hire can be arranged.
We are in a rural area, no other transport is available.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PAYMENTs ARE DONE AS FOLLOWS:
Three payments are taken as follows. We have a safe and secure payment portal for this.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
|Tariff name||Resource/property type||Min hours||Max hours||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|